- About WaterOne
About WaterOne Procurement
We appreciate your interest in doing business with us for materials, products, or services. As a not-for-profit utility, WaterOne relies on responsive, resourceful current and potential suppliers in order to get the maximum value for our customers. We enjoy doing business with companies who share our values of quality, integrity, safety, accountability, and respect.
In our organization, many purchases for stock product are coordinated through our Procurement Department. Other purchases are made directly by authorized operations staff as overseen by Procurement staff to ensure our procurement policy and standards are met. We conduct all procurement activities in accordance with established WaterOne Procurement policies and procedures.
WaterOne utilizes external online bid services for some procurement opportunities. QuestCDN may be used for construction projects and Public Purchase may be used for materials and supplies bids.
Key Functions of the Procurement Department Include
- Management of the procurement process
- Disposal of surplus items
- Management of physical inventory to support construction and maintenance projects
- Obtain the correct quantity and quality of materials, equipment, components, supplies, and services in the efficient manner for the highest return on our dollar
- Encourage competition from interested, qualified suppliers that meet our specifications and standards
- Ensure that suppliers are dealt with fairly. WaterOne has the option to select the lowest, responsible, qualified and responsive bidder
- Maintain the ethical and fiscal standards of our organization in all transactions
WaterOne's Procurement Department is a repeat winner of the Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award, highlighting WaterOne as a model organization for success in Procurement practices.
WaterOne accepts authorized deliveries 9 am to 3 pm, Monday through Friday at:
10747 Renner Boulevard
Lenexa, KS 66219