WaterOne Goal #2: Provide excellent customer services.
New Construction, Building Addition, and Remodel
Lawn Irrigation Only
All required information must be submitted to our office prior to the issuance of a new service permit, or before the meter size may be released to Johnson County Wastewater (JCW). We ask for 10 working days review time to provide initial comments but strive to get them sent back as quickly as possible. Please keep in mind very large projects, like a Hospital, might take additional time. Our plan review includes a compliance check for cross connection control. For more information about cross connection control, see our Preventing Backflow page.
Please only submit electronic plans on a disc or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Plans submitted via email must be in standard PDF format with a maximum size of 25mb. For IT security reasons, WaterOne cannot accept zip files or files via external download links such as Dropbox.
Please submit a complete set of plans for the following if it applies to your project:
- Civil Plans with grading and site utility (see note below)
- Plumbing Plans
- If possible, please include plumbing schedule listing all backflow assemblies
- Mechanical Plans
- Kitchen Plans
- Fire Protection Plans
- Lawn Irrigation Plans
- Landscape Plans
- Architectural Plans – only partial plans needed
- Overall Floor Plan
- Title sheet or sheet showing legend and pages/drawings available
Site Utility Plan: must show all applicable domestic, fire line, and lawn irrigation connections, including:
- Service connection size(s)
- Meter size(s)
- Proposed location of new service connection(s), with dimensions in reference to the following:
- water main
- water meter pit or vault
- fire protection line
- backflow assembly vault or above ground enclosure
- catch basins
- other utilities
- structures and any other existing or proposed improvements or objects in the vicinity of the proposed new service and meter pit or vault
- Disconnect note referencing any existing service connection(s) to be retired
- Example note - “Contractor is responsible for disconnect of existing (size & type) connection at the main. Please contact WaterOne to coordinate the work.”
WaterOne will provide the minimum size of water meter based on water supply fixtures and probable demand according to the 2012 International Plumbing Code (IPC). For redevelopment of properties with an existing water service, WaterOne will confirm the meter size is appropriate.
WaterOne will provide the minimum size of service line required from the water main to the entrance of the building. The size of the line does not account for losses through a backflow preventer or the height of the building. If requested, applicants may install a larger service line.
Questions? Contact Us
Attn: New Services
10747 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS 66219