Water Main Replacement - Antioch Road, 102nd Terrace to 96th Street
WaterOne Project Manager
Email Peter Gaskamp
As our infrastructure continues to age, we proactively replace water mains in conjunction with City projects to ensure safe, reliable, high-quality water service to our community with superior service. WaterOne will be upgrading 2,300' of infrastructure along Antioch Road between 102nd Terrace and 96th Street. The project is coordinated with the City of Overland Park to be completed before scheduled road improvement work, in order to avoid unnecessary excavation and maximize ratepayer dollars. WaterOne's work is scheduled to begin in March 2018 and last until May 2018.
This project will temporarily affect traffic along Antioch Road, with lane closures along Antioch and temporary closure of intersections within the project limits. Every effort will be made to provide multiple detours and access points for local traffic. We appreciate your patience as we complete this necessary upgrade to your water infrastructure.
To be informed of water outages, please sign up with Notify JoCo webpage or call 913-826-5555. You can customize your contact preferences by tagging locations of your home, work, school, etc.
- Update 5/24/18: Work has been completed to the 96th Street crossing and is continuing north. Traffic patterns are expected to be shifted within the next few weeks within the construction area.
- Update 5/8/18: Work has been completed from 102nd Terrace to 99th Street and pavement restoration is currently being coordinated. Work will progress to the north next week following a storm drain crossing.
- Update 4/20/18: Construction work is nearing 99th street. The easternmost northbound lane of Antioch is closed from Hadley through 96th Street due to drilling work.
- Update 4/6/18: Crews have installed the main between 102nd Terrace and 101st Street and are completing the crossing at Antioch. Work will proceed north along Antioch under the westernmost southbound lane, which will remain closed.
- Update 3/23/18: Weather permitting, crews will be working to install a crossing at 101st street in the coming days. There will be a temporary closure of 101st Street east of Antioch in order for work to be completed.
- Construction Start: March 2018
- Construction End: May 2018
- Cost: $518,000
- Project Phase: Complete
- Restoration: Pending - Fall 2018