- Customer Service
- Engineering Services
- Project Updates
- Project Archives
- Water Main Replacement - Roe Avenue, 67th Street to 75th Street
Water Main Replacement - Roe Avenue, 67th Street to 75th Street
WaterOne Project Manager
Email Matt Carter
As our infrastructure continues to age, we proactively replace water mains in conjunction with City projects to ensure safe, reliable, high-quality water service to our community with superior service. WaterOne will be upgrading 5300' of infrastructure along Roe Avenue between 67th Street and 75th Street The project is in conjunction with the City of Prairie Village CARS program, which schedules infrastructure upgrades ahead of road improvement work in order to avoid unnecessary excavation and maximize ratepayer dollars. WaterOne's work is scheduled to begin in February of 2018 and last until June 2018.
This project will temporarily affect traffic to neighborhoods adjacent to Roe Avenue. Every effort will be made to provide multiple detours and access points for local traffic, and WaterOne will continue posting regular updates for residents below. We appreciate your patience as we complete this necessary upgrade to your water infrastructure.
To be informed of water outages, please sign up with Notify JoCo webpage or call 913-826-5555. You can customize your contact preferences by tagging locations of your home, work, school, etc.
- 8/13/18: Final work between 67th and 69th street is expected to be complete within the next few weeks depending on scheduling.
- 6/11/18: Work has progressed to the intersection of 71st and Roe, working north to 67th Street. The north lane will be closed during working hours between 8:30 am - 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- 4/20/18: Work has progressed to the intersection of 71st and Roe, working north to 67th Street with possible detours and intermittent closures.
- February 13, 2018: ROE AVE CLOSURE
From February 15th and 16th, and then again on the 19th - 22nd, Roe Avenue will be closed from 71st Street to 79th Street so WaterOne can install a new water main at 75th Street. Roe Avenue will be closed during the working hours of 9 am to 2 pm and lanes will be restricted at 75th Street.
Roe Avenue will be accessible during the weekend and after 2 pm during the week. Please follow detours signs. Thank you for your patience as we install new infrastructure.
Updates will continue to be sent out via NotifyJoCo. Make sure your account is up-to-date at Notify JoCo website. You can also follow our progress at WaterOne Projects.
- Construction Start: February 2018
- Construction End: September 2018
- Cost: $1 Million
- Project Phase: Complete